RENTAL AGREEMENT AND RULES
565 Ellenburg Rd., Seneca, SC 29672
Rental term: Check-in date___________________ to Check-out date____________________
1. Check in is after 4:00 pm., check out is 10:00 am unless other times are previously agreed upon.
2 Smoking: is NOT allowed inside or on screened in porch. Outdoors-all cigarette butts must be disposed of in safe containers. Cigarette butts thrown on the ground have resulted in fires in the mulched areas. Keep our neighborhood clean and do not throw them into the lake.
3. No Pets allowed.
4. People other than those in the Guest party set forth in contract may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
5. Minimum age of renter is 28 years old.
6. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises including accidents or injuries while swimming or use of the canoe or any other boats. Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
7. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order and treat it as if it were your own home.
8. Parking: Vehicles are to be parked only on the concrete driveway and boat ramp. Parking on the road is not allowed. Empty boat trailers may be parked on the boat ramp at the lower level (be sure to choke the wheels) or on the front lawn next to and parallel to the road and at least 3 feet from the pavement edge. There is an easement along the east property boundary next to the tall red pines. The easement must not be blocked or used for parking.
9. Boat Ramp: The private boat ramp is available for guests bringing their own boat. Renters are advised to inspect the ramp carefully before using. The driveway is at an angle to the road, so it favors backing to the right into it. When arriving with a trailer go past the driveway to the marina 150 yards further, turn around, and come back so you can back to the right. You may also use the easement to turn around. The marina does service work but does not sell fuel. There also is a public boat ramp directly across the bay from the property at High Falls Park- no charge if you do not leave a trailer or vehicle there.
10. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
11. Beach Towels: there is a small supply of beach towels in the hallway closet on the main floor. You may want to bring additional beach towels. The supplied white bathroom towels are not to be used on the beach.
12. Fireplace: The fireplace is a propane gas log firebox. For safety reasons, the fireplace is not available to guests.
13. Septic System: The property is on a septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages.
14. Noise: be respectful of your neighbors avoid loud music or loud groups that could disturb the neighborhood especially after 11 p.m. Remember that sound travels very well over water especially when the air is still.
15. Patio fire pit: the patio fire pit is kept under cover when not in use to keep it dry. It is easily rolled out onto the patio for use. Position it where you like to avoid smoke drift. If the fire pit becomes too full of ashes, there is an ashcan and scoop next to the shed by the boat ramp. It is only to be used for ashes.
16. There is a splitting maul on the down stairs porch. Do not use it on the patio pavers. There is wood block support/stand next to the big tree by the lakeside patio. Split wood there. Please return the maul to the downstairs porch by the end of your stay.
17. Canoe: The key for the Canoe padlock is in the kitchen drawer next to the refrigerator. Paddles and life jackets are in the shed next to the boat ramp. South Carolina law requires that there be at least one life jacket for each boat occupant. It further requires that all children under 12 must be wearing a life jacket, which must be fastened and properly sized to fit the child. We have some child size life jackets, but you may want to bring your own if you have them and intend to use the Canoe.
18. Trash: there is no scheduled trash pickup. Renter is responsible for removing all trash by checkout time. Extra trash bags are found in the laundry room. There is a trash station 5.5 miles away called the Oconee Convenience Station and is open from 7 AM to 7 PM, closed on Wednesdays and Sundays. They also recycle glass aluminum plastic and cardboard. It is located at 1030 Safety Harbor Road, West Union at the Intersection of Burns Mill Road (State Rd. S-37-133) and Safety Harbor Road (State Rd S-37-202).
See directions and map in the welcome book.
19. Fireworks: No aerial fireworks or firecrackers allowed. Sparklers are ok as long as the wire is disposed of properly.
By signing this, the renter agrees to assure that the entire guest party will abide by the rules set forth above.